Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

The PEN15 Club

So, I've decided to write my first post about The Penis - yes, you read correctly - THE PENIS!

I don't know why this is such a sensitive word... penis. It's funny how all of the kids in middle school and high school always did the whole PEN15 club. It's funny how some kids never caught on. Don't you know you have PENIS written on your hand? Undoubtedly a club that will survive for years to come.

My son is 16 months old and has discovered his penis. Every time we change his diaper, he's either screaming or touching himself. I'm not sure I will ever understand this fascination.

The first time it happened, I was alarmed. (I think I will always be alarmed!) Every mother dreads the thought of her son being the 5 year old who is discovered jerking off in his bedroom. "Mommy - what's this stuff? It just shot out." I cringe as I write this. Oh the horror!

"No, No, No" I tell my son as he starts touching himself. He laughs. I smile knowing that I shouldn't.  One day he's gonna use this thing, impregnate a girl, and that will be the end of his football career. Or maybe his baseball career. He hasn't decided between the tee-ball and the football yet. But he does know how to say touchdown - and has yet to learn homerun. I'd say that's a good indicator.

The PENIS... his father laughs right along with him. I just don't get it. 

"Why are you letting him do that?"
"He's gonna do it anyway no matter what you say."

UGH. Please don't say that. Please take it back. That's my little baby boy.

Later I look over at my fiance, watching football, with his hands down his pants.
"What are you doing???"
"Scratching my balls."

Once a PEN15, Always a PEN15.



LOVE. Always and Forever. Me and My Boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment